There's nothing like the feel of silk against your skin. Silk says luxury like no other and conveys your style savvy in an instant. No impostors here.
We love contrasting masculine and feminine. Here we feature our feminine essential shirt in borrowed-from-the-boys classic baby blue silk. They can keep the stiff oxford cloth.
This split-neck, button front shirt has cuffs that can be worn rolled up or down. Perfect for wearing untucked with denim and booties or tucked into suiting.
A sophisticated piece with visual interest from the contrasting textures of the silky placket and cuffs against the matte body. A covered placket gives a clean, modern look.
- Extra buttons at the bustline for zero gaping.
- Princess seams up front + darts at back to define your shape and work with your curves.
- Neckline is peek-a-boo tested to ensure the girls aren't on display to the client across from you when you're bending over to hand them their presentation.
- Shirt body has the smooth side of the silk facing in so not only does it look super-sophisticated on but it feels amazing against your skin.
- Finished seams at centre back and on the inside of the arms, so you have a gorgeous, polished look whether you wear the cuffs up or down.
- Inner tab to keeps your cuffs rolled when you want a more casual look.
[The trick to rolling cuffs is to unbutton the cuff, flip back and then pull towards your elbow leaving about 2 cuff widths below. Then roll the bottom inside out portion up towards the cuff. Either roll once more or fold the cuff back down over the roll. Need a visual? Try this one ]
- 19 momme weight silk. This substantially better quality silk means that it can stand up to how often you're going want to wear it. This isn't a flimsy, precious piece to save only for special occasions.
Want other colours? Wish it were a shirtdress? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tailored fit skims over curves for DD - JJ+. Our superior quality silk drapes gorgeously to give you shape without being clingy or see-through.
This shirt has a generous fit vs our size chart! Find your best fit with our SIZE CHART. Unless you're quite full through the midsection, order a size down.
Want help choosing your size? Talk to our full-busted Fairy Godmother at email@example.com. She'll ask what size you wear in your favorite brands and help you translate to sizing with Front Room.
Fabric & Care
Made in a luxurious season-spanning high quality, 19 momme (weight) silk charmeuse with a hint of stretch.
[95% silk, 5% spandex]
Even better, it’s hand-washable in cold water. Hang to dry and iron as needed. Dry-cleaning optional.
Darlene from Hourglassy reviews her experience with the Small & XS sizes here
Patsy (40H) from Hourglassy reviews her experience with the XL here.
Lishan from Reasonably Presentable reviews her experience with the M here.
Customer L.W. (32H) says:
"I'm ecstatic to finally own a button-down blouse! I'd given up looking years ago, for all the obvious reasons ... well, you know. I'm happy to be a Front Room "Small". My dress size is 10 or 12. I'm an hourglass for sure, so can't say my boobs are my only "round" part, but my fit issues are ALWAYS the chest.
Your sizing chart on the web is bang-on: I measured myself before I went into Studio Intent and it said I was S, and the pieces I bought were indeed S. I don't know why women don't trust their measuring tapes. I think a lot of us get it in our heads that we're a certain size, and we won't consider anything else even when the evidence says otherwise.